Defective brakes pose a significant risk to motorcyclists as they can lead to accidents and injuries. Some of the risks associated with defective brakes on motorcycles include:
- Reduced stopping power: When the brakes are defective, they may not provide the necessary stopping power, making it difficult for the rider to slow down or come to a complete stop in time.
- Increased stopping distance: Defective brakes can increase the stopping distance required for a motorcycle, which can be dangerous, especially in emergency situations.
- Loss of control: If the brakes fail, the rider may lose control of the motorcycle, leading to an accident.
- Skidding: Defective brakes can cause the motorcycle’s wheels to lock up, leading to skidding and loss of control.
- Collisions: In some cases, defective brakes can cause the rider to collide with other vehicles, pedestrians, or objects.
- Injury: The risks associated with defective brakes can lead to serious injuries.