Why change solicitors?

On an all too frequent basis we see sound motorcycle accident cases, sometimes involving catastrophic injuries, rejected out of hand. Quite often, the solicitor has not seen any witness evidence, any police report, spoken to witnesses or the police.

Considering changing to a specialist motorcycle accident claim solicitors?

Even worse, in some cases, they have, and have misapplied the law, or relied on the wrong facts to make their decision. If you are considering changing solicitors there are a number of questions that you should ask yourself. Here are a few that may help:

Reasons to change solicitors

The first question is whether you actually have a solicitor. This is not as stupid as it sounds. Profit driven insurers do not want to pay for experienced solicitors to run cases properly, so unqualified administrators push buttons on computers. Check the Law Society database. It is illegal to call yourself a solicitor if you are not an admitted solicitor, so ask. Either a person is a solicitor or they are not. A yes or no is the only acceptable choice. Did you choose them or were they appointed for you? You have a right to change solicitors, so you need to consider what you are unhappy about.

If a solicitor, or more likely an unqualified clerk calling from a firm of solicitors has phoned you or written to you out of the blue, then more likely than not you have a panel solicitor acting for you. These are firms who have bought cases in bulk from insurers.

The arrangements change from firm to firm and insurance broker to insurance broker, but usually batches of 10 to 50 cases are sent to the panel firm and the panel firm could have as little as 24 hours to decide if they want to run your case.

Is your personal injury solicitor never available to talk to you, never returns your calls or responds to letters? But how often do you write or phone? If it is more than once a week, it’s too much. Your solicitor is probably waiting for a reply to his letter to the other driver’s insurer and they can take weeks to reply! However, if you have had no contact for a month that’s different and you might be right to be dissatisfied. Also, trust your instincts. If your appointed representative (unlikely to be a solicitor) seems to be getting out of their depth or cannot answer your questions then change.

The most common reason for wanting to change solicitors is a breakdown in communication. This may be because the solicitor is too busy, does not care or you are asking questions they either do not like or know the answers to.

Part of the job of a solicitor is to manage a client’s expectations and then meet those expectations. Where you are told that nothing can happen for a period of time then you must wait, but at the end of the period you should then be hearing about things happening.

Want to change to White Dalton Motorcycle Solicitors?

We frequently take over motorcycle accident claims where motorcyclists feel that their current solicitor doesn’t have their best interest at heart or isn’t interested in obtaining the maximum and fair level of compensation for injuries caused by a motorbike accident. These appointed representatives are being paid a tiny fee by your legal expenses insurer, and cannot put any time, thought or effort into your case – or they just don’t get what motorbiking is about. If your solicitor doesn’t get it, then things are looking pretty hopeless for you.

When you call us, either to start or take over your motorcycle accident claim, our solicitors will have a detailed conversation with you about the events that led up to the accident, any injuries to you and damages to kit and bike. They will then run through with you the process of how easy it is to change solicitors

At White Dalton Motorcycle Solicitors we specialise in motorcycle accidents. You will have a qualified solicitor handling your case who also rides a motorbike. If we are not available and you leave a message, we will phone you as soon as we can.

Looking to change solicitors?Contact us on freephone 0800 783 6191, to discuss your case.

Related FAQS