Document offences

The police have the right to demand production of all of the documented proofs that you would have for holding a driving licence, certificate of insurance or a test certificate (MOT)

They can only ask for these if you have been driving on a road or another public place (this includes motorway service stations, garage forecourts, car parks and industrial estates). If you are supervising a learner rider (or learner driver) you can be required to produce a driving licence. Any police officer of any rank can require sight of your driving licence and traffic wardens also have the same power.

Related FAQS

Call us today at 0800 783 6191 or Email us at mail@whitedalton.co.uk

If you have had a motorcycle accident or are looking to change solicitors, call us first. Start your claim