Choosing a Solicitor

The starting point is that the person who will be dealing with your case should be a qualified lawyer, whether a solicitor, barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives. Do not be fooled by any other titles, as these just mean they are not qualified.

The internet is wonderful. Check out the website of any law firm you are thinking of using. Firms with a specialism in motorcycle personal injury work will usually have at least one member on the Personal Injury Panel and will display an accreditation on their website. Details of the panel can be found at www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/personal-injury/

Where you instruct a firm and a lawyer is appointed for you they are professionally obliged to write to you advising of their qualifications. Don’t be fooled by marketing speak. If they do not call themselves a solicitor, barrister or legal executive then they are not professionally qualified.

If in doubt, see if you can find information on their qualifications. You should go to the Law Society at www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing and type in the name of the firm. Using that search you will be able to see the details The Law Society keeps on the firm and the lawyers working in the firm. Please check out our details by clicking here

Our entry confirms our experience in personal injury work. We are recognised specialists in our field.

You have an absolute right to instruct a motorcycle accident solicitor of your choice. Having instructed the solicitor, should you become unhappy with how they are representing you then you have an absolute right to change solicitors.

Related FAQS

Call us today at 0800 783 6191 or Email us at mail@whitedalton.co.uk

If you have had a motorcycle accident or are looking to change solicitors, call us first. Start your claim