Frequently Asked Questions

I think a Personal Injury Trust is a good idea. What do I do now?

You should let your solicitor know that you would like to set up a personal injury trust.

You need to provide a release form confirming that any damages in your case should be made payable to White Dalton Solicitors so we can place the money into the trust fund for you. You need to decide who your trustees will be, and let your solicitor know. You will then be sent another client care letter setting out the terms and conditions of our setting up (and managing, if you choose White Dalton partners to be trustees) the trust and how we will be paid for that work, once that is signed and returned you will be sent the trust document to sign.

If you would like trustees who are not partners at White Dalton, you will need to provide us with further information; your solicitor will discuss this with you.

Once your trust deed is drawn up, you will need to notify your local benefits agency and provide them with a copy of the trust, as well as your national insurance number.

The rules are simple. How they apply is not. For expert help call us on 0800 783 6191

Accreditation and Regulation

  • The Legal 500
  • Chambers UK
  • Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
  • The Law Society
  • Solicitors Regulation Authority
Back to top Back to top