Frequently Asked Questions
Understanding solicitors costs
When seeking a solicitor here are some important questions that will help you understand their costs structure and make a comparison with other solicitors charging rates.
- Is there a charge for an initial consultation?
- How do you charge for your service?
- Can I have more detailed information on the way you charge?
- Do you have any fixed fees? If so are any costs excluded from the fixed fee?
- For your hourly rate, can I have an estimate for the cost of the whole service?
- If my costs change for any reason, will you tell me?
- Are there any additional costs not covered?
- Can I get financial assistance in paying for your legal service?
- What is your billing process and how long do I have to pay?
- If I donâ€™t agree with your bill, what happens?
If you are looking to dispute the bill from your solicitors or would like to pursue a claim for solicitors negligence please contact us on 0800 783 6191.
If you are unhappy with your current solicitor, change. Changing is easy and we'll take you through it step-by-step
The rules are simple. How they apply is not. For expert help call us on 0800 783 6191
Back to top
Back to top
Accreditation and Regulation