Frequently Asked Questions

Benefits Paid Already

How do they know what benefits I have been paid?

The third party must apply for a Certificate of Recoverable Benefits from the government's Compensation Recovery Unit. (We call this a CRU certificate.) This will tell them what benefits you have been paid, and which are recoverable. Throughout the course of your claim your solicitor is likely to receive a copy of the CRU certificate. If you have not received any recoverable benefits it will just say nil. If it states you have been paid a recoverable benefit, you should be sent the certificate and asked to check it.

If you do not agree with the figures, you have the right to ask for the certificate to be reviewed. You should notify your solicitor straight away if you disagree with the certificate.

We'll call you...

Request a callback from one of our team or text BIKER to 80800 and we'll call you

Change to us...

If you are unhappy with your current solicitor, change. Changing is easy and we'll take you through it step-by-step

The rules are simple. How they apply is not. For expert help call us on 0800 783 6191

Accreditation and Regulation

  • The Legal 500
  • Chambers UK
  • Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
  • The Law Society
  • Solicitors Regulation Authority
Back to top Back to top